Thursday, June 30, 2011

A little dinner party

So, I had a few friends over for dinner this eve and tried out a few new recipes. As I'm sitting here, my stomach is aching from how much I ate, so I thought that was a good sign and wanted to share.

#1 I made a carrot, sweet potato, and acorn squash soup spiced with cumin and paprika and a bit of red and black pepper. It came out a bit spicy, which I liked, but I thought I'd tone it down so I put some pure creme and honey in the food processor and whipped them, and put a dollop into the soup. Delicious.

#2 A BBQ meatloaf made with breadcrumbs, spicy mustard, Worcestershire sauce, honey, salt, pepper, garlic, and BBQ sauce all mixed together, and then glazed with a mixture of the BBQ sauce, honey, and Worcestershire sauce. It was soooo moist. i made a take off of this recipe. 

#3 to get a few veggies on the plate, I sauteed chopped bok-choi briefly with onions, garlic, and ginger. Not very imaginative, but it was nice to have some green next to the huge chunk of meatloaf on my plate! This was the inspiration.

#4 One of my friends brought over uncooked chocolate chip peanut butter cookies which we popped in the oven after dinner then ate the freshly baked hot cookies with the left-over honey-creme from the soup.


It's about an hour away from July and if I weren't falling into a food coma, I might be wondering how half a year has flown by so quickly. Oh well. To my russian friends, я надеюсь, вам понравится июля!

No comments:

Post a Comment